Here at Connectivity Engineer, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, web development, ISP and Wireless / Microwave Network TAC and NOC services, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
In this role, you will help us build and run our Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) capabilities. You’ll also develop new services and capabilities to support Red Hat application and service owners. We’ll need you to have a solid understanding of operating system administration, including experience with system installation and configuration, configuring and managing basic services, the fundamentals of security, and the ability to use performance analysis to tune systems.
- Help build and manage our large scale infrastructure and platform services, including public cloud, private cloud, and datacenter services
- Establish and recommend policies on system use and services
- Design and implement complex local and wide-area networks of machines
- Act as an escalation point to junior system engineers
- Write proposals and papers; communicate with vendors
- Make presentations to customers and client audiences or professional peers
- Work closely with upper management
- 5+ years of experience programming in an administrative language, e.g. Python and Ruby, with some familiarity with languages other common languages like Java, C++, etc.
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Ability to solve problems quickly, automate processes, and build tools for others to use
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies, including experience with either public or private cloud services covering compute, networking, storage, and other concepts like Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS); experience with the Linux OpenStack Platform, OpenShift, and AWS is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management, automation, and orchestration using modern tools; ability to model complex configurations in tools and a broad understanding how they fit into strategic organizational knowledge
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is a plus
|Job Category||Systems Wrangler|